Glencoe Park District
Sports and RecreationChildhood Education ResourceFitness/Nutrition
The Glencoe Park District is a separate unit of municipal government, established in 1912. It is governed by a Board of five elected commissioners, who serve four-year terms without pay. It is the purpose of the District to effectively and economically provide recreation programs, facilities, and open space for the residents of the District, which are designed to provide wholesome, constructive, and enjoyable leisure time experiences that benefit the individual, the family, and the community.
Facilities include the Takiff Center, Watts Center, and Glencoe Beach. The Takiff Center, located at 999 Green Bay Road, is the Park District's main office and features a gymnasium, meeting and activity rooms, a community hall, early childhood enrichment classrooms, and a preschool facility. The Watts Center, located at 305 Randolph, houses two artificial outdoor lighted ice rinks, activity rooms, and rental space. Adjacent to the facility is Watts Park, which features two tennis courts, a ball field, one nine-hole disc golf course, a sled hill, and soccer fields. Glencoe Beach is located at 55 Hazel Avenue and is both boating and swimming beach facility.
The Park District employs 32 full-time staff, augmented by approximately 225 part-time and seasonal staff.